Helping Someone Seek Help for Back Pain
Category: Back Pain | Author: Stefano Sinicropi | Date: November 19, 2020
Here are some talking points to consider if you want to convince a loved one that seeking medical help for their back pain is in their best interests.
- Improved Diagnostic Testing – Physical exams haven’t changed much over the years, but imaging tests have only gotten more definitive. We have a number of different imaging tests at our disposal that can quickly and accurately get to the bottom of your pain.
- Treatments Often Simple – For many with back pain, treatment is pretty simple. Oftentimes all it takes are a few lifestyle adjustments and participation in a physical therapy or similar rehab routine. Most patients can do away or greatly alleviate their back pain without the need for an invasive surgery.
- What Do You Have To Lose? – When you weigh the pros and cons, it’s pretty easy to see why you should put your health first and see a doctor. Even in the rare instance where a spine specialist can’t help, you’ve lost at most an hour or two of your time and a small first consultation bill. At best, you get on track to regain independence and greatly improve your quality of life. Prioritize your health and see a specialist.
- It’s Not Just About You – Odds are you have people that care about you and depend on you. If you can’t be your best self because of back pain, you’re letting these people down. You may think the only person you’re hurting by avoiding a doctor is yourself, but oftentimes that’s simply not the case. If you’re not going to see a specialist for yourself, see one for those who care about you.
- Activity Restoration – Odds are back pain has affected your ability to do some of the things you love in life. Whether you feel a twinge of pain every time you cast a fishing pole or have stopped riding your bike because of how your spine feels after a ride, know that a spine specialist can help you get back to doing the things you love. Retake control of your life by seeing someone who can address your back pain.
- Early Intervention Leads To Best Results – Back problems are a lot like a number of other health conditions like cancer or liver disease in that the earlier the problem is identified and treated, the better your long term outcomes tend to be. If you wait until pain is unbearable to seek treatment, it’s unlikely the doctor is going to be able to provide as much pain relief. The sooner you see a specialist, the higher the likelihood they can eliminate pain for good, not just reduce it.
- One-Stop Shop – Finally, Dr. Sinicropi has all the tools to not only diagnose your pain and prescribe treatment, but he can also perform an operation and provide long term care guidance. You don’t need to go from your general practitioner to a bunch of specialists and surgeons when one doctor can provide all the care you need. You can trust that he’ll be the one to see your care through to the end, taking a lot of headaches out of the patient experience. If you’re nervous about having to bounce from provider to provider, make Dr. Sinicropi the spine specialist you trust with your spine, because he’s a one stop shop.
For more tips, or if your loved one is now considering seeing a specialist, reach out to Dr. Sinicropi’s office for more information.