Category: Spine | Author: Stefano Sinicropi | Date: October 8, 2020
In response to COVID-19, and to better serve a wider-reaching group of patients, we began offering telemedicine consultations a few months ago. Not only has the response been fantastic, but we believe these consultations offer a number of unique benefits to the patient. In today’s blog, we take a closer look at some of the benefits of telemedicine appointments for a spinal condition.
Why Choose A Virtual Visit
Here’s a look at a few of the benefits you’ll notice when you book a telemedicine appointment with Dr. Sinicropi:
- The Comfort Of Home – The most obvious reason to choose a telehealth visit is that you can conduct them from the comfort of your home. Not only does this not expose you to COVID-19 by traveling to and from an appointment, but you don’t have to spend all that time commuting to the appointment. They are a convenient option that allows you to see a doctor without leaving your house and without eating up your spare time with a commute to and from the doctor’s office.
- Easy To Conduct – All you need is a laptop and an internet connection, or a smartphone with cellular service, in order to connect with a doctor. When you call to set up your telehealth appointment, we can walk you through the simple steps to connect so you’re ready when your appointment arrives.
- Same Level of Service – While it’s true you probably don’t have an x-ray machine in your house, we stand by the idea that we can offer you the same level of service that you’d receive in-clinic. We can view your previously taken imaging results and provide a second opinion, we can watch as you perform physical tasks that will help us pinpoint your condition, and we’ll have an in-depth discussion about your symptoms and challenges. All of this allows us to make a comprehensive diagnosis like we would in our clinic.
- You Don’t Need To Live Nearby – People don’t want to take a day off of work in order to drive four hours round-trip in order to see a specialist. Now you can see Dr. Sinicropi no matter where you live as long as you have a computer or a smartphone. This allows the patient to have better access to healthcare options. You are no longer restricted to the level of care that is near your hometown.
- Affordable – These consultations are affordable and oftentimes partly or fully covered by your insurance. We’d be happy to provide more information over the phone in regards to billing and insurance, but know that we try to make visits as easy on the patient and their wallet as possible.
- Less Wait Time – Because of COVID, doctors are booking appointments out until the end of the year, so you may have to wait weeks or months to see a doctor. However, telemedicine appointments allow doctors to see patients when time opens up in their day, and in general it just provides a more flexible option. Online consultations typically allow you to be seen sooner by a physician, and that allows treatment to start sooner as well.
For all those reasons and more, we hope you’ll consider setting up a telemedicine appointment with Dr. Sinicropi if you’re dealing with back pain. For more information, or to set up an in-person or online appointment, give us a call today at (651) 430-3800.