Category: Back Pain | Author: Stefano Sinicropi | Date: August 13, 2020
Back pain is one of if not the most common pain condition on the planet, with more than 90 percent of adults complaining of acute or chronic back pain at some point in their life. However, just because it is a common condition doesn’t mean that consistent back pain is normal. In fact, it’s just the opposite. Daily back pain is a clear indication that you need medical intervention. Below, we take a closer look at how you can break out of the daily cycle of spine pain.
Treating Daily Back Pain
If back pain is a daily battle for you, here’s what you need to do to take back control and improve your quality of life.
- See A Doctor – We know, we know, the last thing you want to do is take time out of your busy day to schedule an appointment, drive to their office, sit in the waiting room and then be seen for a few minutes by a physician who is overburdened by the healthcare system. This is a bad way to look at your health and the healthcare system as a whole. We take the time to really understand the problems our patients are facing, and we’re never going to rush you out of the room. Our careful approach means we can often pinpoint the source of your issue and send you home with a treatment plan shortly thereafter. When you think about it, 60-90 minutes for an appointment is well worth it if it means years of reduced spine pain. Let a professional get to the bottom of your spine pain.
- Reevaluate Your Lifestyle – For many patients with chronic back pain, their lifestyle choices contributed in part to their spine pain, so really evaluate your daily choices and your physical health. Are you exercising regularly? Are you eating healthily most of the time? How’s your posture when you’re at your desk or driving your car? All of these can contribute to daily spine pain, so really look inward to see if you’re knowingly or unknowingly putting your spine at risk because of your everyday choices.
- Know It’s Not Normal – Some types of back pain are caused by things we can’t fully prevent, most notably the passage of time. That being said, that doesn’t mean that your chronic back pain caused by natural degeneration is normal. If you accept that back pain is a normal part of life, you’re not going to go out of your way to address it, and since it’s highly unlikely to resolve on its own, seeing it as a normal part of life means you’ll be stuck with pain forever. Know that any pain is not normal and it’s not something you should have to learn to deal with.
- Treatment Is Easier Than You Might Expect – One of the most common things we hear from patients is that they wish they would have come to us sooner. Many patients are surprised to find how easy treatment is if they just get a clear diagnosis and stick to a care plan. You won’t know how close you are to back pain relief until you visit a specialist.
- The Sooner The Better – Finally, like most health conditions, back problems often have a higher chance of treatment success when the issue is caught earlier. Putting off treatment tends to only make the problem worse, so when you finally do seek treatment, it’s harder to come by. Besides, the sooner you seek treatment, the more days you’ll have free from back pain, so don’t delay!
For help with your spine or neck issue, contact Dr. Sinicropi and his experienced care team today.